Group Picture

Group Picture
The group gathers at YYC Airport to begin our exciting adventure!

Sunday 1 April 2012

Highlights: According to not Bob

Kyler Fehr here. You should consider yourselves lucky, not too many people get to read my work, mainly because my it's extremely minimal. So here it goes: I love hymns. This morning was such a blessing. On the first Sunday of every month there's a "Hymn Sing" here at the Mennonite Guest House where we're staying. Sunday, April 1st. It worked out perfectly for us. A small room filled with 60-70 people from all over the world singing hymns for over an hour. If you want to get goose bumps in Africa that's the way to do it. There was our group from Alberta, others from Pennsylvania, Ohio, Germany, Ethiopia, Kenya, and I'm not sure where else. No doubt a vast array of people. When I first stepped into the room I was a little disappointed, there were three rows of chairs on either side of the room facing each other. This meant that no matter where I sat there would be someone sitting right in front of me. Usually I like to sit in the front so that I can sing as loud as I want and not worry about the people in front of me passing out. I really do love to sing, it's just definitely not one of the gifts that the Lord has blessed me with. Once we got going my anxiety dissipated. I love to sing and I LOVE hymns so it wasn't hard for me to get over myself and really get into it. I thought I knew a lot of the songs we sang in the big green hymnal at chuch but we sang a few that I had never even heard before, this only deepened my appreciation for hymns. The time was filled with a few I didn't know, a bunch that I did. Including one of the greatest songs of all time in my opinion, Come Thou Fount(along with the theme song from Veggi Tales), which I didn't even have to request. All in all an absolutely amazing experience. Well, this is in all likelihood the last time you'll be hearing from me on this blog. God Bless.

5 comments:

  1. Kyler, the girls think that's fantastic! Thanks for posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great blog Kyler. And we want to hear from you again. You described a very amazing hymn sing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyler, you can usually make me laugh but this time you also brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad that you've been able to experience all that you have and that you're willing to let God use you how ever He wants. God has also given you an amazing talent for writing, use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw the previous post was your Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used dissipate, I'm so proud! Well we made it back to calgary safely, I admit I would much rather be there with all of you but I will be praying and checking daily. Miss you all.
    Teigan

    ReplyDelete